Following a Wall Ball routine such as this during the off-season will prepare a player for success during the regular season!
1) Gloves are optional for the first 2 weeks. You should be comfortable in your game gloves by the start of fall ball performing all skills.
2) Close D and LSMs should complete the routine with a short stick. Advanced players may use a long pole. All skills tests will require a short stick (BTB, split dodges, etc.)
3) Dial in your pocket. Find someone to re‐string if you have an off‐the‐shelf pocket, order one online, text coach for help. a. This is not optional. The cost v. benefit here is massive. Fix your crap pocket NOW.
4) There are thousands of available resources to make you a better lacrosse player. Seek them out.
5) If you have a question, ask.
Any player seeking to be considered for varsity playing time should perform the routine 3‐4 times per week. If you want to be good, perform it daily. There are few guarantees in the world, but daily wall ball will make you better (I guarantee it).
Throw for 25‐30 minutes. It is possible to get 1000 touches in 30 minutes.
1) Stand roughly 10‐15 feet from the wall
2) Aim for a spot about 10 feet off the ground
3) Throw hard
4) Listen to music, Visualize game situations, or just zone out and count
10x Right hand
10x Left hand
10x Quick stick right (7‐10 feet away)
10x Quick stick left
10x One hand right (hold stick slightly above halfway)
10x One hand left
20x Right>Catch& Split>Left>Catch & Split (1 Throw & Catch with each side=1 rep)
20x Right>split>catch Left>split> right (split in the air, 1 Throw & Catch with each side=1 rep)
10x Canadian Left (cross‐handed right)
10x Canadian right (cross‐handed left)
5x BTB right
5x BTB left
Division 1 NCAA players are expected to complete this routine in 2m30s
1) Point the butt end of your stick at the target.
2) SOFT HANDS. Pretend the ball is an egg.
3) Snap your wrists forward upon release
Winter Conditioning Test: 1 mile field run (5 laps+endline <8m), 40yd dash (5.5s)