UNIVERSITY PLACE LACROSSE CLUB
Code of Conduct
Players, Parents, Coaches and other University Place Lacrosse Club members are bound by the following Code of Conduct. Membership in our organization is a privilege, not a right, and that privilege can be revoked. Players, Parents and Coaches are expected to read and understand the rules set forth by our club. Parents, Players and Coaches alike who violate the Code of Conduct may be suspended or expelled from University Place Lacrosse Club, without refund or compensation of any kind, at the sole discretion of University Place Lacrosse Club. Directors also have the right to deny future membership to the University Place Lacrosse Club to any Player, Parent or Coach who violates the Code of Conduct. Members are also expected to adhere to all rules and regulations of US Lacrosse(USL).
University Place Lacrosse Club Players, Parents and Coaches are to conduct themselves in a manner that "Honors the Game" and demonstrates respect to other Players, Coaches, Officials, Parents, and spectators. In becoming a member of the University Place Lacrosse Club community and the Lacrosse community overall an individual assumes certain obligations and responsibilities to the game of Lacrosse and its participants.
The essential elements in this "Code of Conduct" are HONESTY and INTEGRITY. Those who conduct themselves in a manner that reflects these elements will bring credit to the sport of Lacrosse, themselves, their teams, and their organization. It is only through such conduct that our sport can earn and maintain a positive image and make its full contribution to youth sports in the United States and around the world.
We expect the following behaviors from Players, Parents, Coaches, spectators and anyone else involved in University Place Lacrosse Club:
1. The essential elements of the "Code of Conduct" must be adhered to.
2. Sportsmanship and teaching the concepts of fair play are essential to the game, and must be taught and developed both at home and on the field during University Place Lacrosse Club practices and games.
3. Permitting, encouraging, or condoning performance that is dangerous or demeaning to a Player, Coach, Official, spectator, or anyone connected with the function of the game of Lacrosse is unacceptable.
4. The emphasis on winning should never be placed above the value of good sportsmanship, the concepts of fair play, or the skills of the game.
5. Derogatory comments are unacceptable. Use positive reinforcement with players and adults alike. It should be remembered that criticism, once made, can never be retracted.
6. Obscene, foul and/or abusive language or gestures is prohibited during all games, practices, tournaments and as spectators at any event where University Place Lacrosse Club members are representing our club.
Copied from the UPLC Code of Conduct form that is required to be signed by each player and parent/guardian when registering for participation on a team for regular season lacrosse.